in my neighborhood

...sunsets are a big deal.



Every night.


It was only within the past week that NS and I discovered a huge benefit to the earth turning in its natural rotation: The sun has now "moved" far enough north that we get to watch it set from our north-facing beach.


We aren't the only ones. The whole neighborhood shows up. We pull out the beach chairs, turn to the left, and serenely watch our day come to a close in the most glorious of settings.


Since I'm from the east coast of the U.S., watching the sun set over water makes me think I'm in California. We can boast some glorious sunrises back home, but watching a seaside sunset comes at a premium.


Here in Grand Cayman, I am in awe of the day's goodbye song every evening.


I think it's because every sunset is unique. You can't see just one and be satisfied.


My neighbors and I will be coming back for more of this.


The rising and setting of the sun is that perfect mix of predictability and mystery. Yes, the sun will do it all again tomorrow, but every day looks a little different from the last.


I feel like it's a little picture of God. "Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh every morning." {Lamentations 3:23}

He cares for me, just like He did yesterday, but in a whole new way today.


So I'll feed off the beauty of these photos today. But tomorrow I'll be back out looking for more.

The sun will be there. And so will the rest of us.



2 comments:

  1. Awww! Great post! Love the scripture! And what a cool pic of the reflection of the sunset in Nate's sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! wordpress hosting

    ReplyDelete