Art@Governors 2012

The Art@Governor's event was once again in January this year, and unlike my unpreparedness last year, I made a point of having my camera on hand for this year's show. I couldn't stay long, but I was wild about the artwork on display in Governor's Square.

I love the colors on the houses, which remind me of Amsterdam,
and I think the boats' reflections in the water are gorgeous.

My photo of the trio of fish does NO justice to the original, but in real life, the red background behind the middle fish looks like it's raised off the canvas. I kept going around to the side to make sure it was actually flat oil paint.

I can't remember if these were photos or paintings, but they show off quite a lot of talent either way.

Isn't this painting by local artist Jo Austin so realistic?
The pinched eyes and long trail of bubbles make me chuckle.

A local all-girl high school steel drum band helped to maintain a lively atmosphere in the Square.





NS and I were wandering around separately, but when I finally found him, we both fell in love with this little girl who was selling her painted bamboo artwork. We are now proudly displaying her handiwork in our living room.

Support the young artists!
Although I didn't even have the time to walk through the governor's lawn, I really enjoyed the artwork on display in the square. This really is one of my favorite events on the island. Next year's goal: Have my camera in hand and loads of time to survey the whole event!

0 comments:

Post a Comment