A Newborn Shoot

One month ago was the much-anticipated birth of Jeremy and Sheena's firstborn daughter. We were so excited to meet the newborn, and we are all so thankful that Baby R and her parents are healthy and happy as they start their new lives as a family.


When Baby R was ten days old, I had the privilege of doing a newborn lifestyle shoot with the new baby and her parents in their home. I love these kinds of shoots! It's a genuine way to document the early days of a little person's life in a safe, familiar environment. Here are some of my favorites:



And just so we're clear, this is actually a family of four:



 Sleep is a prized luxury to new parents (or possibly all parents!), so I wanted to capture the feeling of a family nap, especially during that fleeing period when babies (hopefully) sleep all the time.




I also love how lifestyle shoots can capture the natural emotions and expressions of the subjects. The pride and joy in these next two photos are almost palpable.



Newborn lifestyle shoots are also a great time to capture all the little details - tiny fingers and toes, miniature ears and tiny baby yawns.



 I love the little morning stretch she goes through! And this adorable yawn!


With yawns this size, it must be time to head to bed with Mom and Dad.




I feel so blessed to be part of this family's life, and to get to spend time with them in their home and photograph these early memories was an absolute treat for me.



I hope that these are the first of many happy memories we'll get to capture of this little one's life in Cayman. Welcome to the world, Baby R!

0 comments:

Post a Comment